Member of Board Executive Committee; Nominations and Governance Committee; Programs Performance Committee; Finance and Risk Committee; and Stakeholder Engagement Committee.BA (Hons); Grad. Dip. Financial Services; MAICD.
Member of Board Executive Committee; Nominations and Governance Committee; Programs Performance Committee; Finance and Risk Committee; and Stakeholder Engagement Committee.
John’s formal qualifications include BA (Hons); Grad. Dip. Financial Services; MAICD, various courses in international organisational leadership and strategy.
John joined Transform Aid International as CEO and Board Member in July 2010, after more than 20 years in corporate and Christian not-for-profit leadership roles in Australia and internationally. His latter roles have included CEO of Newcastle Permanent Building Society, General Manager and Executive Board Member of ING Bank Australia and Board Chair of Christian Education Foundation Ltd.
John specialises in organisational leadership and the development and implementation of vision and strategy. He is a Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, and he also serves on a number of Boards and has governance and strategic leadership roles in Australia and internationally, including:
- Board Member of Baptist World Aid Australia Ltd.
- Board Member of Micah Australia Ltd.
- Member of the National Council of Australian Baptist Ministries
- Vice President and Executive member of the Baptist World Alliance
- Member of the Baptist World Aid Commission
- Chair of the Baptist World Alliance Forum for Aid & Development (BFAD) an international collective of agencies and conventions that combine their expertise and resources to address poverty and disaster relief for the Baptist movement globally.
- Board Member of Integral Alliance, a global alliance of 23 leading Christian relief and development agencies from North America, Europe, Asia and Australasia, that collaborates in the area of international disaster management. He is also a member of their Finance and Audit Committee.
- Member of the CEO’s Group of CAN (Australian Church Agencies Network), a collaborative framework for Australia’s denominational aid and development agencies.