In the early hours of 6 February, two powerful earthquakes struck southern Türkiye and northern Syria, devastating entire sections of cities and towns while people were sleeping.
Over 50,000 people have died, and 2.7 million people in Türkiye and at least 53,0000 families in Syria have been displaced. Many are residing in temporary settlements, which increases the risk of disease. Families need food, basic items such as hygiene kits and clothes, shelters, and mental health support. We must act now.
Baptist World Aid is working with Christian Partners, including Baptist organisations, to assist families impacted by the earthquakes.
Your gift could help provide:
- Food packages so families can eat
- Safe drinking water and hygiene kits and disease
- Items to help people stay warm, such as blankets and clothes
- Emergency shelter items to protect those who’ve lost their homes from harsh winter conditions
- Trauma and mental health support
Please donate today, and join us as we respond to this situation with an outpouring of love.